1. Snow Shoe Trails established.
2. Web Site created.
3. Trail signs updated and new signs installed.
4. Sno-cat rewired and other repairs.
5. Logan Lake Community Forest Corporation Grant enabled the employment of “Super Key Kids” to grub out snow shoe trails & remove encroaching growth on 20 Km of Trails.
6. Negotiated new 10 year Lease with Recreation Sites and Trails BC and registered the trail system for “All Season” non-motorized use.
2014 MAINTENANCE PLANS & REQUESTS:
To keep our trails & equipment operational requires 200 to 600 man hours per year. We need your help, so we can spread out the volunteer hours fairly. Note: Our new lease requires us to register all volunteers and work done. Call Duane @ (250)523-9330 to register.
Here are some suggestions:
1. Clean and paint interior of (5) outhouses.
2. Mechanics Assistance – equipment maintenance.
3. Volunteer on at least 2 work parties:
· Replace log bridge with culvert.
· Fallen tree removal (Firewood)
· Clear trails of rocks & debris.
· Grub back encroaching growth.
· Additional Groomer Driver or Assistant as go in pairs.
2014 DEVELOPMENT WORK:
1. New K9 Ski & Snow Shoe Trails.
2. Build log “rest” benches.
3. Build fixed “Fire Sites”.
4. Applying for LLCF Grant for “Super Key Kids” & Hardy Equipment to work on trail system.
5. Applying for Grants to replace Sno-Cat Groomer.
6. Two new entry gates for foot traffic.